by Felicity Hall

FASH at felicityhall.blogspot.com is the fashion and lifestyle blog of Felicity Hall, a politics student and aspiring media, marketing & PR guru, from the cultural goldmine that is Manchester, UK.

Thursday 28 June 2012

VidCon 2012

To quote the official VidCon 2012 website:
VidCon is the largest conference, convention, and celebration for people who love online video.

Whether they’re creators, viewers, enablers, or a mix of all three, all are welcome to learn, have fun, and enjoy some of the best content on or off the internet at VidCon 2012 in Anaheim.

And for the 3rd year running, I am gutted that I cannot be there.

Vlogging and online video is one of my social media loves. A big-time social networker, I find myself increasingly involved both personally and professionally in the internet and its many uses. I blog, vlog and tweet. I attend Youtube gatherings and internet conventions. Heck, I fangirl over Alex Day. VidCon is the spiritual home of all things youthful, fresh and innovative online. And for anyone as involved in online content as I am, for means of personal entertainment or business, VidCon is a wealth of knowledge and a creative outlet to showcase the online future.

The event itself is running now - 28th-30th June 2012 at the Anaheim Convention Center, Anaheim, California: a little out of my way. But that doesn't mean the conference is totally obsolete for those not in attendance. Over the next few weeks keep an eye out on Youtube - vloggers and Youtubers will be posting their VidCon videos and the official account will probably stream the convention's pivotal events and panels for all to see.

Together, the online community is a powerful force and VidCon is just one way that it can get together to be used for creative good and innovation. Hopefully in the future I can attend on behalf of my company (or even to showcase personal online success) but as for now, my online content can only be found here, on Twitter or at vlogfliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment