- Catch-22 by Joseph Heller
- Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger
- Gone With The Wind by Margaret Mitchell
- Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- The Sun Also Rises by Earnest Hemingway
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
by Felicity Hall
FASH at felicityhall.blogspot.com is the fashion and lifestyle blog of Felicity Hall, a politics student and aspiring media, marketing & PR guru, from the cultural goldmine that is Manchester, UK.
Wednesday, 1 February 2012
The Great American Novel
Still on the theme of literature, I have come to realise how few of 'the greats' I have actually read. I've hardly touched Dickens or Austen and I can't really stomach Bronte. Why? Because I just don't get on well with the English greats. However, I do very much enjoy a good American read. So here, for personal use, is my to-read list of American classic novels, to add-to and cross-off in the, hopefully, near future.